By James Nsien2
PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click – a popular advertising technique on the Internet. Found on websites, advertising networks, and especially on search engines. PPC publicizing involves sponsored course that are typically in the influence of text ads. These are commonly situated intimately to seek results, where an advertiser pays a part total to visitors who click on these advertisements or banners and demesne on the advertiser’s web industrialist. In essence, PPC business is all virtually invitation for the top or major orientation on search engine results and listings. Advertisers do this by buying or bidding on keywords or keyword phrases that are related to their products or services – the higher the bid, the higher the chances that the keyword or keyword phrase will be displayed as top results on the search engine. Advertisers would then pay the invitation value or bid amount every time a visitor clicks on the keyword that was used to advertise the website’s product or service.
PPC advertising is also known under the following names/variations:
• Pay per placement
• Pay per performance
• Pay per ranking
• Pay per position
• Cost per click (CPC)
PPC advertising’s standard procedures:
1. Setting up an account and/or deposit funds.
2. Creating a keyword list.
3. Choosing (and setting up) an account with a PPC search
4. Bidding on the ad placement, including the search result
words or phrases.
5. Writing out an ad copy.
6. Setting up the ‘landing pages’ for your ads.
7. Placing the advertisement in the search engine.
There are many benefits to Pay per Click advertising, making it a very effective and successful way of Promoting a business ‘online’.
Some of the benefits are listed below:
• Get launched immediately. PPC advertisements are implemented very speedily -they can go ‘online’ within a time after winning the bid and paying for it.
• Obtain peculiar, pre-qualified, and grade traffic. PPC provides you with a character or a well-targeted interchange. Visitors are narrowed downwards into ‘limited’ grouping who are actually hunting for precise products and/or services that you’re offering those who are more likely to become a ‘lead’ (or a customer) and complete a transaction either by buying your product or subscribing to the service that you are offering.
• Alter your reach. PPC advertising provides additional traffic to your site, message from the natural or “feed” operation engines.
• Track your investment. PPC advertising makes use of a tracking system that will determine exactly who comes to the website and what they do once they arrive – the length of their stay on the site and the number of pages (including he actual pages) that they view. These are valuable tools in determining statistics such as return on investment (ROI), acquisition cost-per-visitor, and conversion rates (the percentage of visitors who are converted into customers or leads).
Below are some important things to consider when planning on a pay per click campaign:
1. Know your product.
Cover an itemization of the creation and/or services that you have to offer.
2. Stay within the budget.
Determine your daily or monthly budget; and stay with it. This means keeping your budget in mind, avoiding bidding wars if possible.
3. Bid just right.
Know how to bid right – a bid that is too high can exhaust all of your money, while a bid that is too low can make you lose that spot.
4. Watch the bottom line.
Evaluate your clear profit against your outlay or expenses. Live when to catch and alter your PPC syllabus – if you pass more on publicizing but know immature or no sales at all.
5. Find the right keywords.
Decide which keyword phrases to opt and bid for. Do some keyword research, either by actually looking at existing search terms or with the use of online keyword suggestion tools, to know which terms are mostly used when searching for items that are related to your business. Focus on specific keywords, not on general ones.
6. Write effective ads.
A good PPC ad is that which can persuade and move a searcher. There are several approaches to this:
• Discount offers
• Celebrity/famous endorsers
• Money-back guarantees
• Free trials or sample offers
• Reverse psychology
• Major benefits (“Lose weight”)
• Direct instructions (“Click here”)
7. Maintain a professional-looking site.
Your web content should be regularly updated and checked for spelling and grammatical errors. There should be no broken links or images. The website should be simple – designed in such a way that it will be easy for visitors to navigate and load. Include contact details to create a good impression among potential customers.
Maximum Web Promotion with PPC
Engaging in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising has its own benefits and drawbacks. Business nowadays is doing different kinds of austerity measures when it comes to advertising their products and services. This is because of high rates of placing ads on print and on television. But there is a fast growing approach that businessmen can utilize to bring their services closer to the people and that is through Internet Marketing.
One tool that is causing Internet marketing popularity is PPC advertising. This is a technique used in search engine marketing that requires one to pay a fee every time someone clicks an ad on your website. Usually this placement is done through a bidding process. If you are a top bidder for your keywords/phrases, you are sure to be on the number one spot on all search engines. Just be sure of the effectiveness of your ad copy to get the most number of clicks you need for your business.
PPC – The Pros
1. You need not be a genius in computer and technology to be able to run this ad campaign.
2. Immediate results are seen after a few days.
3. No need to make a website conform to the SEO rules.
4. Nothing to lose even if you do not top the pages of different search engines. You can still always choose PPC advertising.
5. You can make use any search engine available.
6. You can type in any keyword you like.
PPC – The Cons
1. Fixed payments every month to the search engine you choose.
2. Pay for each click received by your website. At times, visitors are just Competitors or people playing pranks on search engines. This hassle wastes money you put in to this advertising.
3. Inability to pay for the fees next month would mean removal of your website on the paid listings.
4. This advertising can only be used temporarily because it is difficult to handle in the long run.
5. Pay-per-click pricing can be costly for long periods of time; therefore, this should be stopped after an ad campaign.
But how exactly PPC advertising can increase traffic, leads and sales?
All visitors of your website are already wise as a registered consumer or purchaser of your set. PPC publicizing leads your customers to you for a lesser toll.
INSTANT EXPOSURE, IMMEDIATE PROFITS.
PPC search engines enable you to get your desired results fast. They will have your website live within just a few hours which means immediate increase in sale.
CONSISTENT TOP LISTINGS
This is to get your website on top of the sponsored search results for free. You just have to choose the keywords related to your site and business and place them within your web pages. After this, you are done. PPC advertising enables advertisers to control their advertising campaigns. Advertisers have effectively targeted their audience and set their own price per click.
NCN Internet Marketing Services
Originally posted 2009-04-23 23:28:26. Republished by Blog Post Promoter